Monday, September 12, 2011

Everything is as it should be!


Day 1:
We left the Gately Entebbe and went to the airport.  After a few trips up and down the stairs we obtained the passes needed to go to the baggage area.  Just as we walked in we saw ALL of our bags circling the carousel.  Back in the van WITH our luggage we headed to meet the infamous Peter our attorney.  Kampala is a sight to see!  I’m so thankful Abdullah was driving and much of the time I had to shut my eyes as cars, motorcycles and people all moved way to fast in what looked like a very dangerous dance! 
Abdullah got us to Peter’s office safe and sound.  To say Peter is delightful is an understatement!  God knows that I love laughter and Peter was cracking jokes and making us all feel at ease.  I love seeing God’s handy-work in the smallest of details! I am so grateful Peter is in charge of our court proceedings and we feel at peace about our upcoming court date.
As the meeting ended we started our journey to Jinja. That was the longest hour and a half EVER!  Abdullah dropped us off at our guesthouse and we carried in our luggage as quickly as possible.  Mama Night, Sarah and Mama Faith met us as we got out of the van! Immediately we were overwhelmed with how excited they were to meet us and with how much they LOVE Abigail.  As they walked with us from the guesthouse to Abigail’s home, both Night and Faith were emotional.  Faith cried to the point she couldn’t even go in the gate with us.  I hugged her and tried to reassure her we were not taking Abigail anywhere today and that we loved her too.  I hope I get to spend some time with Faith and Abigail so she can see how much I too love that baby girl and maybe it will help her with the transition.  Night was almost giddy but underneath the nervous laughs there was much pain; it was obvious if you looked in her eyes.  Night, ironically worked the night shift at Abigail’s home for the first several months Abigail lived there.  She and Abigail have a sweet bond.  I knew this was going to be bittersweet for all of us but I don’t think you can prepare for that type of emotion.
So continuing on with what you really want to hear about…. We went through the gate and onto the porch and I was scanning all the children as quickly as I could searching for her big eyes and yummy cheeks!  I have STUDIED her pictures so I knew I’d know her as soon as I caught a glimpse.  Boy was I surprised as I heard Renee’s voice and looked up to see her in Shanna’s arms directly beside us.  Words really fail me when thinking about the rest of our day with Abigail but let me just say that she is PERFECT! Perfectly created to be in our arms and to be in our family! Oh and by the way, baby sister thinks Kenzie is the best thing in the room at ALL TIMES!  Here are a few pics… enjoy the yumminess! 
                                                         Can't describe this feeling.
                                                           Taking a nap in Daddy's arms
                                                    Baby Girl LOVES to "talk" on a phone
                                                                         SISTERS!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the sweet pics. Makes me teary to see you loving on that little girl after so long waiting and praying.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word !!! those pictures are precious and PRICELESS !!! drink in every moment !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brought tears to my eyes. i love yall so much! be safe and cant wait to see her! love you -ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE PICTURES....THE PICTURES!!!! They say it all! True <3 is priceless. Bring that baby home so I can hug her sweetness!!!! This is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are worth a MILLION words. beautiful beautiful beautiful. thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete