Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Calling ALL Prayer Warriors

Tomorrow is court for us in Jinja.  Please pray the Justice will hear our case and will rule in our favor.

As for day 3...We had a great day today.  We went into town with Abigail to print passport photos and stopped in at Angelo's to order some artwork. We also ate lunch at Ozzie's and saw Sarah Crane as soon as we walked in!  Sarah was eating with Emily from Ekisa which is a special needs baby home we really wanted to visit.  This chance meeting opened the door for that to happen and I'm so grateful.

As we started to eat in walked two women with babies in Moby Wraps and I almost fell out of my chair!  I saw 2 babies I have prayed for and who are coming home soon to our community!  These girls are a few months younger than Abigail and I work with both of their dads!!!!!  When I saw them I was overwhelmed thinking that Abigail is going to grow up with them,  IN NASHVILLE and here we are on the other side of the world meeting them at a restaurant in Jinja Town!!!  I have said many times during this adoption that God is into some CRAZY business, and this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

The highlight of my day was meeting the man that I have called "my hands and feet in Uganda" for the past 9 months.  Peter is an exceptional man and I enjoyed meeting him and spending the day with him. The Lord used Peter in my life to show me that He is in control and I can't and don't have to do "it all" or "anything" for that matter.  God used Peter to expedite paperwork, drive countless hours to Abigail's village for signatures and transporting her grandparents to Kampala for appointments having to do with our case.  I will NEVER be able to thank Peter properly but I sure hugged his neck as tight as I could today.  I'm looking forward to spending more time with Peter here in Jinja during the next few weeks.  He has served our family so well and I want to get to know more about his life here.

We had a lazy afternoon after our downtown trip and napped with the doors and windows open as a storm passed through.  Abigail is spending the night with us tonight for the first time.  She was asleep in Daddy's arms before 8:30pm without a peep, so I'm thinking she is fine with the new address :)
SO FUN!  Well, I need to figure out what to take to court tomorrow to keep an 11 month old happy all day and we will have an early wake up call I'm sure (PRAISES! Baby Girl is sleeping in the room with us...wooohooooo I can't believe this day has come)

PLEASE pray for our day at court and I will post how it goes as soon as I can.

LOVE FROM UGANDA!

 Snuggling with daddy for the night...

Our first attempt at a passport photo (I totally thought it was a keeper)...

Abigail's new friends from Uganda that will grow up with her in TN (our God is AWESOME)...

No comments:

Post a Comment