Friday, October 7, 2011

We're coming home!


It is Saturday morning in Uganda.  In a few hours we will be getting in a car and starting our journey home.  We thought we would have until late afternoon in this city we have called home for a month (well, Abigail has called this home her entire life).  Due to "the biggest football game of the season", (soccer) Kenya vs. Uganda, taking place today in Kampala (capital city and we have to drive through this city to get to the airport), our driver has informed us we can not leave any later than noon if we want to make it to Entebbe airport in time for our 11:00PM flight. 

This has caused some stress as we had many "last day" plans that we have had to reschedule, shorten and/or delete.  It is kind of like "ripping off a bandaid" in a way because regardless how long we have here it won't make saying goodbye any easier.  There are so many people I have fallen in love with here.  I have gained friends that I will miss dearly.  For the women that have loved and cared for Abigail since she was born,  today will be heartbreaking.  I knew this part would be hard but there was no way to prepare for this.

I am READY to come home!  I miss my family, friends and students more than I thought I could!  It has been a LONG month.  It has been a month of miracles!  It has been a month that has changed my family, my heart, and  my life forever! 

Please pray for us over the next 48 hours.  Pray for travel mercies.  Pray for my heart.  Pray for my sweet friend Tina who is broken for this country and it's people.  Pray for Abigail as her world continues to change.  Pray for Renee and all the workers at Serving His Children, where Abigail has been lovingly raised for a year! 

Love from Uganda!  WE ARE COMING HOME!!!!!!!!

Tosha
PS:  Our flight arrives at Nashville Airport on Sunday 10/9 at 3:20 :)

2 comments:

  1. It has been such a joy to read your blog and follow your journey. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Hope you keep telling us the joys! It's been beautiful to read...

    ReplyDelete